Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nevermind, (giggle), It's not funny twice

Laughter. Oh how I so enjoy thee. Laughter really is the best medicine, for anything really. A few months ago, I had a really bad day during one of my many play rehearsals. When my mom picked me up, she recognized the early signs of insanity (frustration, yelling out unrelated things at unexpected moments, etc.) She then told me to start singing really loud, and cranked up the radio. No more than ten seconds later, we were laughing at our own singing. By the time we arrived home, I was cured.
Laughter not only cures emotional problems, it can help with your physical ones too. Laughter can build up your immune system by making more antibodies in your bloodstream and saliva. People who have allergies found that laughing made their symptoms grow less and less worrisome. It even helps your heart by increasing heart rate and blood pressure.
Laughter can also relieve stress. After laughter, you feel relaxation because it "works out" your heart and lungs. It is actually recommended to laugh at least ten minutes a day to help relieve stress. Another suggestion is to take deep breaths, and what do you do while you're laughing? Breathing in that Oxygen!
I love laughter. It brings a little more happiness into the world, and gets your heart pumping and your stress heading for the hills. So, when you find someone is laughing AT you, laugh WITH them because now you know that it's good for you. The only thing I have left to say is... That's All Folks!!

(p.s. If you want more information on laughter, you can see more at http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/human-nature/happiness/laughter-cure-illness.htm :)

1 comment:

Eva Aurora said...

HA HA HA HA HA! You crack me up! You really do. You're smart AND funny.