Have you ever noticed that when time travel is part of a plot in a book or movie, it's always the same? There's always the same kind of reaction when you travel back in time. You either change the course of history, or it's already been changed because some form of you in the past has done it already. Sure, the means of which characters travel back in time are different, from a DeLorean to a TARDIS, but it all turns out the same. They save the world, or destroy it and THEN save it. So, my grandpa and I took it upon ourselves to create a new type of time travel, and write a book about it.
I can see why all time travel fiction is the same.
Not only is it very hard to decipher the time vortex, all of the ideas that we set forth crashed and burned because they backfired. It didn't help that my grandpa could disassemble our theories with one question.
My theory is that all writers just copy off of each other's ideas and just hope that no one notices. To put up a new theory and have it somewhat "bullet-proof" is a very hard thing to do, and I admire the writers who try. Thank you for pushing against the box that is time travel fiction as we know it. We applaud your courage and persistence. Here's an imaginary trophy. You can put it up in your imaginary trophy room if you want. It's all yours.
My thanks.
3 comments:
SO cool to see a new generation use the word TARDIS!!!
The last year I went out for Halloween, I dressed as the Tom Baker Doctor..
Thanks for taking me back in time!!
Have they ever traveled back in time only to find out that the world is a whole lot better? Did that ever happen? Explore that.
Oh, and I agree with FOF. It's good to have another generation who know what a TARDIS is.
Post a Comment