Sunday, February 6, 2011

Math? Anyone? Anyone?

The length l (in inches) of a standard nail can be modeled by the following equation:
l=54d^3/2
where d is the diameter (in inches) of the nail. What is the diameter of a standard nail that is 3 inches long?
Has your brain imploded yet? Mine has. If yours hasn't, and you're just going to comment and put the answer, then please stop reading and refrain yourself from commenting. I might just make your computer explode if you comment.
Algebra 2: the one thing that is keeping me from a 3.9 GPA (y'know, because of that A- in chemistry). I swear that if my textbook could talk, all my evil little thoughts of burning it would come true. Not only does it completely and utterly confuse me, intermediate algebra keeps sneaking in these little trick questions just when I start to understand the complexities of one concept or another. oooh, if I ever come up against an ancient Egyptian or Babylonian in a dark alley...
Change of subject. I have decided to audition for a play. Well, too late. I already did. What was the probability of me telling you this information in that order? Figure THAT, Algebra 2!
Anyways, the play I auditioned for (and got in, strangely) is about all these magical creatures from faerie tales coming together to see why there is an inexplicable absence of magic in the magic kingdom. Characters such as Peter Pan, Cinderella, the tin man, scarecrow and lion suddenly find out what life is like without magic. Cinderella becomes a whiny little girl whose glass slippers turn into hiking boots, Captain Hook likes Peter Pan, the scarecrow is a brainiac, and Prince Charming is egotistical and empty headed (Probably no change there). It's a fun little one act that I have grown to love. Ok, maybe I don't love it, but I find an unquestionably attraction... slap me if you will. I believe I was babbling.
I should bring this babbling down to a minimum and bid you all a good evening. Thank you for reading to the end of this post, and please remember to not answer the question in the beginning.
(I could not bring myself to put a little "Smiley face" at the end. So just pretend I'm smiling at you and give yourself a pat on the back because you are one great person!)

1 comment:

Jodi said...

And to think I liked Algebra... Good luck, hang in there, and think of all the people (like me) who are missing the good ol days at school.